Thursday, May 6, 2010

A week in hair

Last Friday morning before we flew out, I twisted my hair. The plan was to wear the twists Friday, and a twist out on Saturday-Monday. I woke up 10 minutes before it was time to leave for my sister's graduation on Saturday, so I kept the twists in. Sunday it was rainy, and Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I was lazy. This morning I finally got around to taking my twists down. I'll probably redo my hair on Saturday because I have a work training in Chicago and I need to look kempt and cute, because the last time the Pres and V.P of our department saw me, I looked a wild ragamuffin mess!

I washed and conditioned with Organix (coconut milk line.) For my leave in I used Giovanni and then parted my hair in 4 sections and applied Oyin Whipped Pudding and Burnt sugar to each one. Pulled my hair into 4 pony puffs รก la Serenity23 and let it dry for a few hours before twisting (while I slept). Every other night I put whipped pudding on my twists and every morning I spray my juices and berries before I shower. If my scalp wasn't so janky in the heat, I could probably go 2 weeks without having to redo my hair because it stays soft and moisturized. After 3 days, I retwist the bottom row and any other pieces that look a little frizzy, but it's never that many (I think I had to retwist 10 this time.)

You doing anything new with your hair? Trying out any new products?

2 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

Nothing new with my hair. I believe my spring routine will be deep conditioning on Sundays, twisting and wearing twists until Friday and then wearing twistouts on the weekend. It feels great to go to the gym and not have to worry about my hair. The newest thing I've tried was Curls line for my wash n'gos.

Nerd Girl said...

Your hair looks great! I really wish I could get Lovegirl's hair to do that.

Nothing new for me. I've been deep conditioning quite a bit - my hair just feels so rough. I'm using Organic Root Mayonnaise mixed with olive oil.

If you and S23 keep putting these pics up I'm going to end up cutting these locs and rocking mine loose!

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com