Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Randoms

This time change is kicking my butt because Alaia thinks it's party time until midnight. The other night she was dancing to Michael Jackson while I was trying to sleep. She has started to grab at things and flip all the way out when she can't grab something she wants. Yesterday we were on my bed and she was hanging off the side trying to grab my lamp. When I stopped her she grabbed my glass and threw it on the floor. She better calm her little 6 months self all the way down.

********
My old job contacted me to see if I would be interested in working part time. I told him yes, so he's going to give his boss my information and we'll see where it goes from there. It would be computer work from home which is very easy for me to do. I've been trying to figure out what I want to do this summer. Most of the other teachers are working at camps and such, but I really don't want to do that. During the summer is busy season for my old job, so hopefully this will work out where I can just work for them.

********
We finally got all our medial bills and credit card bills (which was all medical and car stuff) paid off and it is such a weight off of me. I've mentioned before that last year was super rough financially, but we are finally back on track.

********
I've had a blog on marriage that I've wanted to type up for weeks  but every time I try and type folks start talking and I can't concentrate. Currently there's a student in my ear yapping about absolutely nothing. I sure wish she would hush. Are you reading this girl? Hush up!

********
I also have a blog on disciplining children I need to type up. The past few weeks I started noticing some undesirable traits in Judah so I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to correct the behavior. It came down to changing the way MrC and I talk to him. Lately we've spent so much time fussing and barking orders at him and we've got to chill out. Of course we want an obedient child, but I have to remember we're teaching children not training animals. I've softened my tone and even remembered to use please and thank you again.

********
My book club just finished reading Harry Potter. Mannnnnn, it was so good. I was glued to those books for 2 weeks. Next week I start on The Chronicles of Narnia.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your bookclub should take new members.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com