Thursday, November 11, 2010

Don't Worry

Luke 12 Do Not Worry
22 Then He said to His disciples, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. 23 Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. 24 Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds? 25 And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 26 If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest? 27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28 If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith?
29 “And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. 30 For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. 31 But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.
32 “Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.


2010 has proven to be a year where I learn about faith. Throughout the course of the year I've seen my faith grow to a level where when situations arise faith and not worry or doubt is my automatic response. It's a great feeling but it doesn't mean everything is always easy. The past few months have been quite prayerful. Y'all know we're on a house hunt. We need $10,000 cash before we can even go to closing on a house. Do we have it all yet? Nope. Will we have it when we need it? Yep.

Last month I found out I was pregnant. Whoa! We aren't ready for a baby yet. We're still in a one bedroom apartment, we don't have money for daycare, this list goes on and on. But God said He would take care of ALL my needs and He hasn't failed us yet, so I doubt He'll start now.

Yesterday my car started acting up. We took it to the shop. We got a call today that my transmission needs to be replaced, and it's $3000. I'm not going to lie. I immediately started crying. I went into the bathroom and let the tears flow. As I sat there crying the verse "and my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in Glory by Christ Jesus." Then I started singing a song in my head. After a few minutes I was smiling and drying my tears.

We're going to be alright, it will all work out for our good and every single one of our needs will be met. No doubt, no fear, just faith :)

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com