Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We Picked...

House #2! When we first went to house #1 we really liked it, despite the filthiness. You guys should really thank me for not taking a picture of the bathtub or the cobwebs that were everywhere. We thought house #1 was going to be it even though the small rooms concerned me. But when we went to house #2 there was just something about it that said "this is it." My family went to each of the houses to check them out when I told them that these were the final two contenders. They wanted us to have house #1. My dad hated house #2. We invited them to go with us when we went to check out the interior of both homes since they had only seen the outside. My sister was disgusted with the interior of house #1 especially when she realized cobwebs were sticking to our clothes. The only real high point was the two car garage and the dining room off of the kitchen. While we were looking out of the upstairs back windows we noticed both of the neighbors had chaotic backyards.  My mom was planning on visiting the neighborhood several times to check out the neighbors to make sure everything would be ok. We had our share of bad neighbors growing up and I didn't want to move right into a bad situation (ever had SWAT and the other scary police  teams surround your next door neighbors house? I'm talking trucks, vans, and helicopters! He was an ex boxer turned drug lord or something. My parent's current neighbors have pool parties that last all day and night and they blast music and holler. I pulled up around noon one Saturday and this dude was dropping f-bombs and drinking like kids weren't present.)
 
Anyway there was a peaceful calm about house #2. After my dad did his walk through he said, "y'all are right, this is it." My favorite part of the house is the kitchen. MrC's favorite part is the backyard. While we're passing the time waiting until our offer is accepted and all that jazz, we're gathering design ideas. I'm not a fly by the seat of my pants type of person. I research and document and take notes and know what I want the end result to be before I buy a single thing. When we were deciding on which town to live in MrC and I spent days in front of the computer investigating schools, crimes, parks, community activities, shopping centers, ordinances, and their 4th of July celebration. You can tell a lot about a town by the way they celebrate the 4th. I'm pretty sure we're going to end up with a book of design ideas before we even go to closing.

3 comments:

Jameil said...

WOOHOOOOO!!! I HOPE YOU GET IT!!

Anonymous said...

Thank the Lord. I couldn't with house number 1. I could NOT!!!

You'll be moving in soon, huh???

Nerd Girl said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for y'all and all the wonderful things that are happening in your lives!

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com