Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Daring Cooks: Nut Butter Edition

The July 2010 Daring Cooks' Challenge was hosted by Margie of More Please and Natashya of Living in the Kitchen with Puppies. They chose to challenge Daring Cooks to make their own nut butter from scratch, and use the nut butter in a recipe. Their sources include Better with Nut Butter by Cooking Light Magazine, Asian Noodles by Nina Simonds, and Food Network online.

This is my third month as a member of the daring kitchen. The first month, I messed up big time trying to make stacked chicken enchiladas. The second month, I chickened out and refused to make pate. Honestly, I wasn't looking forward to this months challenge either, because I hate cooking with nuts. It's a taste I just can't get with. MrC loves it though, so I knew he would be down for trying it! I chose to make cashew butter. The recipe was super simple. Add cashews to your food processor with some oil. Keep adding oil until it's smooth. 

The recipe I used for the wraps is on page 88 of this months Food Network Magazine, Moo Shu Pork. I didn't have any cole slaw to add, and I didn't use mushrooms like I was supposed to, and those ingredients would probably have made this dish more tasty. I didn't enjoy the moo shu pork or the cashew butter, MrC loved them both. He scooped up the cashew butter and put it all on the pork. I won't ever make this again, but I'm glad MrC liked it!

1 comments:

K. Rock said...

It's always cool trying something new though. I have made stuff that I defintely wouldn't try again but it was fun just to say I tried it.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com