Thursday, July 22, 2010

House Hunting: Grass! Privacy! Fixer uppers!


Today when I got home there was a letter from the leasing office on our front door. It's lease renewal time! When I read it I realized something...we have until next Friday to let them know if we aren't renewing our lease. We have to give 60 days notice. It's going to take a quick work of the Lord for us to know by then (hey, if anybody can do it, He can) but we do have the option of going month to month. But that's $125 extra per month, and we still have to give 60 days notice. I'm not worried about it though. If we have too, we'll sleep in my old room at my parents house in a twin size bed for a little while :) I bet they would love having all their kids back at home!




We went to see two houses tonight. This was the fixer upper. The person who previously lived here was really into gardens. All around the house there are huge overgrown plants and weeds. That's no big deal, a quick trip to Home Depot to pick up some of our brown brothers will get rid of all the overgrown plants :) This house is about 2 miles down the street from where we live now, it's also at the end of a cul de sac. MrC was adamant about not living on a through street. His reasoning was that it's too easy for child abductors to get away. That was funny to me, because that's something I would say.


I liked the spacious back porch on this house. I could finally have a grill and patio furniture. In the right corner of the porch there was a built in dog crate. Considering I realllllyyyyy want a shelter dog, that's a nice little feature. From the back porch we were able to look into the dining room and kitchen. Y'all know I've already started remodeling it in my head right?


The backyard is a pretty good size. You can see the plants that line the yard. It makes for a lot of privacy though. I don't know if I'd get rid of all of them, or just trim them back (hmmm, seems like I've taken over this house, lol). There is also a shed on the side of this house which is great because MrC will have a lot of grass to cut. A front and back yard with big trees- that's a ream to me!

This was MrC's version of getting out of my way so I could take a picture. Baby, you failed. I like that the house has a garage- no more running down the sidewalk in the rain! MrC was not happy the driveway is on a hill and curved. The redeeming factor is that the part he is standing on is actually a bricked side driveway that is overgrown with weeds. That means we don't have to play "move your car so I can get out of the garage!" I get the garage, he gets the brickway. Sounds like a plan to me.

***********************
This was the other house we saw. It actually looks just like the other one (ok, maybe a bit bigger. And the inside isn't in disrepair. And it hasn't been taken over by plants) except this is the entire backyard. I was standing in the neighbors backyard to take this picture. If we pursued this house, we probably wouldn't be able to get a dog. This house was also a corner lot, so no real privacy. If I wanted to sit on my patio furniture on a summer night and read by the light of citronella candles, I'd probably be too distracted with trying to look into my neighbors house.



Well that's the update on the house hunting. HGTV, I'm still available for the show I pitched yesterday.

1 comments:

Jameil said...

Lol. I'm really enjoying your house hunting!

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com