Thursday, September 2, 2010

House Hunting: The coolest backyard ever

9951 GUILFORD ROAD  MD

House #5 was super cool! The biggest negative, that we noticed immediately, was that it is on a busy street. There was no real front yard, but the homeowner did have a little garden area with a bench, and there was a little porch. When we got their, the lady answered the door and she didn't even know they were having a showing that day! She was totally shocked by our arrival. Our realtor (remember when I said she was a crazy old lady?) said "Well, somebody called me back and said we could come today. Guess they forgot to tell you. Oh well, come on in guys." I wanted to laugh, but I obeyed and walked right on in. We walked into the living room and there was a wood burning stove in the corner. It was love at first sight! On that floor was the kitchen, dining room, a sun room, and a half bath. All a good size. The basement had a bar in the corner and a workshop as well as the family room. Aside from smelling like dog, it was nice. We walked out to the backyard. I can't even describe it, just look:

The backyard was so cool, but it was also a lot of work, and very dangerous for a bunch of kids. I wouldn't be able to send the kids in the backyard to play because the part I could see from the house was all rocks, and there was a creek running through the yard. Too scary to think of my toddlers slipping. After playing in the backyard for about 10 minutes, we came back inside. Her babies were upstairs sleeping, but she let us go up there anyway. There were 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It wasn't very spacious, but it was ok.

The best qualities of this house was the wood burning stove and and the backyard. The current family living there had 2 kids and they had clearly outgrown it. Not too promising.

3 comments:

K. Rock said...

That yard is definitely looking too dangerous for kids. Young ones anyway. And what is that out house looking thingy? A shed?

pserendipity said...

I'm going to veto this one for the children. Carry on. I can't wait till Friday to see the one you fell in love with!!!

Jameil said...

I LOVE THAT STOVE!!

I need to know more kids so I can think of things that are dangerous for them. I wouldn't have thought of that. HORRIBLE, I KNOW!!

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com