Tuesday, September 21, 2010

House Hunting: Everything?

This is the house we went to see on Saturday. We knew it needed work, but we didn't know everything needed to be fixed. I loved the front patio right off the kitchen and the top porch right off the master bedroom. That's what originally excited me about this house. When we got there I could see the wood rot on the outside. When we walked in there was a powder room to the left and the kitchen on the right. I thought the powder room was good-until I saw the outlet. It's fried! Meaning the electricity likely needs major work. The kitchen wouldn't need immediate work, but I would move cabinets, knock out a wall, and make a bar seating area eventually. The living room had lovely hard wood floors- that are warped. So no good. Upstairs there were 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The master closet is smaller than what we have now. That is a deal breaker for me. The outlets upstairs were all fried too. And the bathrooms need retiling. Up another flight of stairs was the attic that MrC claimed as his man cave. Alright then sir. We finished our house tour in the basement that MrC claimed as his weight room. Clearly MrC was going to bed living there alone because by the end of the tour the only thing that I still liked were the front decks. I'm pretty sure that isn't a good enough reason to buy a house.



 


0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com