Sunday, July 5, 2009

Good times had by all

I had a very lovely weekend!

Friday
I spent Friday with my mommy helping her get ready for her trip to Jamaica this week. It's sad when you have to teach a 52 year old woman about appropriate undergarments. We went for a bra fitting that was quite interesting. I tried on the size they said and thought I was going to die. It was soooooo tight and uncomfortable. I decided those ladies didn't know what they were talking about and went a size up.

Saturday
For the 4th, we didn't go to any cookouts. TheCount had brought home some ribs, burgers, mac n cheese, and baked beans the day before so we had an indoor cookout with the 2 of us. That morning we went to the park and found a cool lake and a (possibly) foreclosed home that TheCount is going to look into. That night we went to see the fireworks. Would you believe I've never gone before? I'll definitely be going back next year!




Sunday
On Sunday our friends got engaged :) We totally surprised her. It's a shame that we got a kick out of lying to her. All of the staff at Medieval Times was super helpful. The couple was running late and I was getting livid. If they would have missed their own engagement I would have had to cut them. By the time they got there all the staff knew about the engagement and were able to distract her while they guys planned, and they made sure we were in the right place at the right time. It happens before the actual dinner, during a knighting ceremony. When she heard his name called, she looked at us and asked if we put his name on the list as a joke. We told her yes. When they called her name too, we told her we set her up as well. She didn't put it all together until he actually pulled the ring out. It was great!
They are getting married next May or June. I cannot wait. They were both in our wedding so as she left tonight she looked at me and was like, ohhhh time for your payback!

3 comments:

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

Sounds like a fun weekend and congrats to your friend!! How nice that you could be a part of her special moment.

kisz4tj said...

Love the engagement story...how fun?

I absolutely love fireworks. I simply can not deal with the NYC heathens.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Aww I love engagements :-)
Your friend looks very happy. congrats.

PJD

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com