Wednesday, July 8, 2009

He knows my name, my every thought, sees each tear that falls, and He hears me when I call

Matthew 17:19-21 (New International Version)

 19Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, "Why couldn't we drive it out?"

 20He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."[a]

 

Matthew 21:20-22 (New International Version)

 20When the disciples saw this, they were amazed. "How did the fig tree wither so quickly?" they asked.

 21Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. 22If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

John 14:11-13 (New International Version)

11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. 12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.

Matthew 6:5-7 (New International Version)

Prayer
 5"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

 

James 5:13 (New International Version)

The Prayer of Faith
 13Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.

 

1 Peter 3:13-16 (New International Version)

 13Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? 14But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear[a]; do not be frightened."[b] 15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

 

Today's post is brought to you by Kelly's awesomeness, my laziness, and the wonderful cut and paste feature of Biblegateway.com. I needed every single one of these verses today. I have had to listen to some craziness today, I've had somebody try to tell me what I believe isn't true, and I'm currently waiting for a monthly visitor that is nowhere to be found.  I don't argue with folks and I certainly don't worry about ANYTHING. I'll show you with my life that what I believe is true.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com