Saturday, October 11, 2008

Today is the first day of the best days of my life!

Today I am getting married. I scheduled this post 2 weeks ago, I'm not actually blogging on my wedding day (Facebook, maybe). I have been waiting to marry TheCount since I was 13. 10 years later, it's happening. Within the first 2 weeks of us dating, he informed me that I would be his wife. I never doubted his word for one second. At 17, I knew the dude I was dating would be the dude for me forever. Nobody around us thought we were serious, they doubted we would make it through me going off to college while he stayed home. We made it. Everybody thought things would get old and we would get bored when we transferred to be at the same college. They were wrong. When his brother passed away, they thought it would change us. The pain would be too much and we wouldn't make it through. We did. When his daddy passed away a year and a half later people were praying that we would hold on, that we would make it. That I would be strong for him, help him get through. I did. We have been through a lot in the last 5 1/2 years of dating and through the ups and downs, God held us in his hands and protected and preserved us.

Undoubtedly I am excited about the years to come. Buying a house, traveling, having children, retiring, traveling more. I plan to grow old with my true love. God really outdid Himself with this one. It makes me happy to know that as he was forming the world and ordering my steps, that he ordained this day. He knew that October 11, 2008 at 1:00 p.m. I would be getting married to one of his best creations. Can you imagine? God loves us so much, and He really only wants the best for us. I'm glad I stuck around to receive it.

The next time we talk, I'll me a married woman. Fresh from my honeymoon in Mexico and getting used to being a wife. I'm so excited and I know that the best is yet to come!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

From one of the Fab 13 (via PSonya lol) Congratulations!

Detroitgirlat30~

Coco said...

Congratulations! I wish you and The Count the best in your future together. Continue to show the world what love is!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats and Best Wishes
~courtesy of PSerendipity~

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope it was BEAUTIFUL!!!! Actually... I'm sure it was. =)

Teems said...

Hey just passing through a few blogs and I came across yours. Beautiful pictures. I recently got engaged and I plan to get married arround the same time as you next year (10.10.09. It was nice to come accross your page and see how happy you are. Congrats!

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com