Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Who thought of this dumb day?

I hate April Fool's Day. I think it's mean, I guess I'm a grinch like that. The Grinch that Stole Fool's Day. I'm pretty sure I faked sick and didn't go to school on April 1st, I'm not sure, but it seems like something I would do. I can't get with pranks. When I was about 10 or 11 my parents played a joke on my sister and me. My mom told me her and my dad were getting a divorce. First of all, this evil woman did it while we were washing dishes after dinner, not while we were all at the table together which common sense would dictate. So I'm looking at her and I start crying. She just looks at me and is like "what are you crying for, you don't even like your father." So I start crying harder and manage to get out, "yeah, but you aren't supposed to divorce him!" I grew up in a house where we were taught divorce isn't an option, you stay married and you be happy, lol. After a few minutes my mom felt bad and was like "April Fools!" and starts laughing. What kind of demon are you? She apologized and said she didn't think I would react like that and she wouldn't have done it if she knew. Her and my father got a huge kick out of it, he was cracking up too. I don't remember SisterTM's reaction, but with her evil self she was probably in the back packing my daddy's clothes!
 
Has anybody ever gotten you with a good joke? 

2 comments:

CC said...

So it is just like me to forget holidays, especially stupid ones like today.

OMG, lol, that is super funny. "Packing his clothes", that's wrong on so many levels.

I was in the fourth grade and my best friend came to school crying and hollering about her having to move away and naturally being an emotional person, I broke down and no one could console me. My best friend blurted out after some time that it was April fools and I lunged at her with the quickness and broke her glasses.

Moral of this story...No one April fools me anymore, so serious.

Mrs Count said...

Hahahahaha! You attacked her! LOL yeah, april fool's sucks.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com