Thursday, January 29, 2009

Conversations...wait for it, wait for it...In Random

Yesterday I had a snow day, or rather an ice day. I wasn't even going to attempt to drive in it. Today I had to chisel an inch of ice off of my windshield and then struggle to get out of our parking lot, nasty indeed.
****************
You know what I don't like. When I make a statement and somebody constantly tries to discount it, especially when I'm not asking an opinion. A coworker and I were discussing the snow the day before yesterday:
 
Me: Yeah, I'll probably leave earlier than usual today
Him: Why?
Me: Because I don't do well in the snow and I don't want it to be dark when I have to drive in it
Him: It's not dark when you leave
Me: It's dark before I get home, and traffic will probably be even more slow because of the snow
Him: Oh you'll be fine
Me: Sure will, and I'll also be out of here
Him: Your car is little, does it drive well in the snow, mine doesn't
Me: No, hence the reason why I will be leaving early
Him: Oh you'll be fine
 
 
Let's reread that shall we. At any point did I ask his opinion, or ask for his permission? If I said I was leaving early because I wanted to go home and pick lint off the carpet that is my freaking prerogative! The later in the day it gets the slicker the roads will become and I don't plan on being on them.
 
I had another discussion with a coworker that doesn't work in my building yesterday. We were preparing a presentation and he wanted to make sure I knew how to do it. Cool...until he acted like I was a darn fool, lol.
 
Him: Now select paste special and do it as a bitmap
Me: Well it looks more clear if you just do regular paste
Him: Well how did you do it
Me: I copied it, then I pasted it
Him: Did you use control + c?
Me: I hit copy then I hit paste
Him: Did you paste special or export it into the slide
Me: I.hit.copy AND THEN I.hit.paste
Him: So did you paste it as a bitmap
Me: I went to the home tab. I clicked on the 2 sheets of paper icon located under the scissors icon and then I went to the slide and I clicked on the clipboard to paste it.
Him: Well that's not right, it won't paste correctly if you do that
Me: I JUST DID IT. IT LOOKS BETTER THAN YOUR WAY
Him: Send it to me
Me: Ok
---minutes later----
Him: Oh that does look clearer. I don't know what you did so I'll send them to you to do it
Me: I HIT COPY AND I HIT PASTE uhhhh just send them to me
 
************
MamaTM called me with this nonsense the other day:
 
MamaTM: What's the name of this movie I'm watching?
Me: The Family That Preys
MamaTM: What kind of pray?
Me: P-R-E-Y
MamaTM: Ohhhhh, now it all makes sense

3 comments:

Lisa Blah Blah said...

"Him: Oh that does look clearer. I don't know what you did so I'll send them to you to do it
Me: I HIT COPY AND I HIT PASTE uhhhh just send them to me"

Oh my God, this had me rolling. Especially the "I don't know what you did" part. He is a mess. How did you not hit him??

Mrs Count said...

@Lisa- he does stuff like this every day! I don't slap him cuz I figure he keeps me employed if our boss knows he can't do it on his own, lol. Thanks for stopping by!

Product Junkie Diva said...

ok I LOVE your office story. Do you think it's just because you are a woman or is he just one of those guys?
LOL to the family that preys conversation...
PJD

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com