Thursday, September 18, 2008

Good Idea....Bad Idea: Let's Eat!

I was going to do my favorite cleaning stuff this week, but eating is so much more fun! I am a very picky eater but I like to try all different types of restaurants. If we are driving past some little hole in the wall then I beg to stop! When we are going out of town I refuse to eat at any place that we have back at home. This week I ate out a whoolllleeee lot. So here we go, Good Idea, Bad Idea the restaurant files.

The Fish Market- It's located in Old Town Alexandria on King Street. The ambiance is very nice. My mom and I ate outside and while the quarters were cramped the people at the table next to us were very nice and the people out walking were very entertaining. The food was excellent....EXCELLENT I say! Seriously I got Combination seafood pasta which was shrimp, scallops, fish, and broccoli in a light cream sauce. The only thing that would have made my meal better was bread to help offset the buttery sauce. My mom had the broiled seafood trio which was scallops, shrimp, salmon, hush puppies, roasted potatoes and cole slaw. She would not stop eating! It was really good. It wasn't expensive at all, our bill was $40 and I still have half of my dish left.

Houlihans- The place looked cool and I thought I read somewhere how good it was (maybe I was dazzled by the website). I think it is overrated. I prefer Fridays, lol. I felt as though it was overpriced. I had Fried shrimp and french fries. Ehhhh, take it or leave it. The fries were dull as can be. I am a fry junkie but those weren't even as good as the ones I make at home. They didn't even throw on any Lawry's or pepper, or garlic, or old bay, or something to make it unique. The Count had stuffed chicken with green beans and mashed potatoes. To me the chicken was bitter as crap but he liked it. The green beans were worse than the fries. It was definitely a bad idea.

Pasta Blitz- It's just like 3 brothers. My cheese pizza was good but that may be because I thought the garlic was Parmesan cheese and didn't realize it until I had spread it all over my pizza! I love garlic so it was cool. The Count had stuffed shells. He seemed to enjoy it. Not a bad idea, but it's not a place I would beg to go back to.

Krispy Kreme- Tuesday was my first time ever going in a Krispy Kreme. I had to see what the hype was about. I still don't know, lol. We had a donut that was hot off the machine and yeah it was soft and stuff, but I guess that's just not my thing. I won't be breaking my neck to get there and get some. I like my home made donuts better.

Rocky Run Tap & Grill or Berts (depending on where you live)- Yuummmmyyyyyy. There menu is so diverse and the food is good. I had Old Bay Pasta which is shrimp and scallops in this old bay type sauce. It was seriously delicious. I've been with The Count, my momma, and my best friend. Each time I was satisfied. This is one of my must returns! It is a very laid back saloon type atmosphere, so if you're looking for romance or class, you won't want to be there, lol. It's also 1 mile from my new apartment so you can be sure over the next year I will be tearing it up!

That's it for now. I'm holding off on blogging from work for a little while. The IT man told me to be careful because they are watching the network due to excessive you tubeage, lol. I still read everybody's blog in my google reader though and I'll try to still comment at night.

1 comments:

pink said...

wooooow. you do eat out alot! lol...i dont understand the krispy crack either...what is google reader? you love seafood like me!! lol...you havent said anything bout your crazy sister lately...whats she up to?

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com